Get Sexie by Email

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

When is it ok?

First I apologize for the late blog post last week, I wish I could blame it on non-inspiration but I had it already written up I just kept forgetting to actually post it. So this week I am determined to have this posted on Wednesday night!

As I was driving to work this morning, listening to the morning talk show The Morning X on 97X Tampa Bay, the Real Sex with the Morning X topic was Cheating on your Significant Other-the excuses that you use, then when I got to work one of my co-workers was talking about a woman that was trying to tempt him to cheat. So I decided today's topic is the importance of sex in any relationship. While I am the first to say that a relationship should be more than just sex, it is a very important aspect of any intimate relationship. It's one of the ways that we show each other that we care, and human contact is needed for survival, plus if it's done right it's damn fun. Does this mean that if you don't have sex with you're partner they/you can cheat?
HELL NO!
Come on people cheating is the stupidest thing you can do! Why are you cheating? Not attracted to your partner anymore? Don't love your partner anymore? Your partner isn't having sex with you anymore? You know what can fix ALL of these problems? COMMUNICATION.
If you just talk to each other it would fix any and all of your problems, even if it means that fix is no longer being together. If your saying to yourself, I can't talk to them about that? Then you need to seek some professional help, if you can't talk to the person you're supposed to spend your life with then there is something bigger to worry about then sex, or cheating. I feel more than confidant in this knowledge since all my life I've been in relationships that were non-communicative, and guess what...they ALL failed. 
With my fiance we started off being very honest with each other and we've never stopped, I know that I can talk to him about all of my problems, and not feel embarrassed or if I do feel embarrassed he does everything he can to make me feel better. Whats even more amazing is I do the same for him, it is easily the healthiest relationship I've ever been a part of.

Now I'm aware that there are times, and situations that cause a person to be unable to have sex, disability or other medical condition. In that situation I would urge you to again talk to one another and come up with a solution for pleasing each other. This comes dangerously close to the topic of non-monogamy. I truly 100% believe there is a time and place for non-monogamy, NOT CHEATING, non-monogamy is the act of allowing either both or one partner to seek romantic/sexual partners outside of the relationship. I would say, and this is without any actual data to back me up, that this situation has a 80% fail rate, which I am aware doesn't bode well for supporting it as an alternative choice to not being able to have sex, but it is still an option. The other one would be doing as much as you can with each other and let that be enough. Mutual masturbation, playing with toys, etc.

At the end of the day, all I can say is that there is never any valid excuse for cheating, EVER. So please embrace communication, and even more embrace each other.
/cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment